our litttle jungle

our litttle jungle
it's a zoo in here... everyday!

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Holy Roller Coaster!


Well- to define my life in a nutshell- it is one of unsurety at the moment. But one thing I do know for sure is that- I AM NOT ALONE IN THAT FEELING. The economy is affecting lots of people in different ways- and none of us asked to be here- so the quote I like best is...


LIFE ISN'T ABOUT WAITING FOR THE STORM TO PASS- IT IS ABOUT LEARNING TO DANCE IN THE RAIN!!!


So lets dance!!!


I do not know what the future holds, but I have a family that loves me, and I love them- and they need me to be happy and proactive, and to keep going.

Ever feel like that? Man- it has just been one of those days.

Good thing is- I am a HECK of a date! My 29th birthday yesterday consisted of an $8 meal at Chuy's (for both Justin and I... cheap huh?!) getting cleats for Taylor at Goodwill, a mexican store with a cute $8 shirt (the rest was crrreeepy), a trip to Kirklands for throw pillows and a mirror (which we didn't get), and coldstone (samples)... we can definately date for cheap when we don't have a job for almost 6 months now- have a lot of fun doing it, and the cool thing was- we didn't want to be anywhere else in the world... well- at least we were pleased in the moment- come on- who wouldn't love to spend their 29th birthday in Italy or France, but if I can't- mexican shopping and cheap food works too. I'm easy to please.

3 comments:

Caryn said...

Happy Birthday Brooke!

Don't worry too much about your turning 29- I have to turn 30 in a few months! EEK!

Alifinale said...

So you came out of hiding for your birthday. Sorry I am a crappy friend - I was thinking about you all day on Wednesday but never got around to calling. Glad you had a fun day - with you anything is fun!

PS - my dear, you need to sign up for the Cold Stone Birthday Club - they send you a coupon for a free coldstone for your birthday. Same with Red Robin for a free burger. It totally rocks.

The Nance Family said...

It was good to text you, not talk. Anyways, I'm glad you are trying to make light of things. Your always such a good example at being happy and a good person. Keep it up. Love you. I already told you happy birthday. :)