our litttle jungle

our litttle jungle
it's a zoo in here... everyday!

Saturday, November 22, 2008

I am just checking in!
















HOLY SMOKES!!! JULY?!? Were the heck does the time go?!? I don't know- here's a recap... ward split- released from Young Womens- put in as primary chorister, just finished program... what a delight... there were angels with those kiddos. Paigee will go to NURSERY tomorrow- where the heck did that time go? I was brave and took the kiddos with me for a week to Utah, to a family reunion that will be in our memories forever! We bonded like never before with our "extended family" and saw 6 deer (and 1 skunk)! We spent time at the beautiful parks in Utah, ate my favorite treat (Carls Junior Chocolate Chip Cookies) stayed in a gorgeous condo, took time to stop and smell the roses, lost a pair of shoes in some restaurant (hey- don't judge me- I took a road trip alone with 3 kids for 10 days- they are lucky they all made it home in the car- shoes were the least of my concerns!), got in touch with long lost friends, and I got to speak in front of 800 people about my passion for living a fulfilling life... for standing up in this crazy world and making a change, starting in our own home. My kiddos got to come on stage, and we played the song "my wish" by rascall flatts.... LOVE IT (worth it to buy on itunes- promise...it is my wish for everyone I love)... anyway- as it started playing my cute little "Pudgey Paigee No Pants" started dancing (wiggling her cute chubby hips back and forth) and she got a standing ovation! It was a tear jerker!!!! Took 2 family trips of camping on the beach in California with our beach loving kiddos, and closest friends from Tucson, Celebrated Taylor's 5th birthday, Had a ROCKIN halloween party where I stayed up til 2am making a fabulous menu- and the kids honestly could've cared less.. but we had "salty bones breadsticks", bat cheeses, monster cupcakes, mini caramel apples (didn't turn out so hot), and so many fun games you would've thought I was a dang professional party planner (not to toot my own horn- but every mom in the neighborhood commented- and I LOVE TO DO IT!!! If I could plan kids parties everyday I would be a happy woman. I love kid watching (not watching kids... like babysitting) but sitting back and observing them in their innocence enjoy life!! Taylor is learning how to read (I am home schooling her with the "hooked on kindergarten" curriculum- it is great!) I had an awesome knock off purse party and got my coveted Dooney and Burke Giraffe Purse for $5 (vs. $85) Went to Justin's brothers last senior football game in El Paso, TX- we love that place, also to meet Lacie's new baby boy Jaxon! Had my first panic attack of my whole life... in Mexico- wow, I was scared.... Then we headed to Anaheim, California for a weekend retreat and training weekend (just Justin and I) and then I have been in Mesa for the past week trying to help my brother get situated as he has decided to up and pursue his dream of getting his nursing degree... and regardless of the fact that he is 31, and has 3 kids- he sees the loss of his job as the perfect excuse to STOP PUSHING THE SNOOZE BUTTON ON LIFE... and get busy doing something he's always wanted to do. I am proud of him. Depressed to be losing him at the same dang time we are "trying" to relocate... but the Lord has a plan for us and I do not doubt it! Oh yeah- and I coordinated and hosted a crafters boutique... we had such cute stuff this year! I hosted some wellness nights where I am teaching moms to be healthy, and be mindful of their kids health. Oh... and I caught up on my food storage (which has given me many sleepless nights... got all caught up at http://www.readystore.com/ ), got our water barrels, learned how to can meat, and make pasta from scratch, and bought a generator!!! We payed off all our debt, and finally feel like we can breathe! WOO HOOO! It feels good to have that out of the way. (I still need a butter substitute, and wheat)- but have lots of whole grains, beans, freeze dried veggies, and fruit, powdered milk, meat, snacks, zrii (like eating 60 pounds of fruit, so packs a great nutritious punch for food storage), and all the emergency essentials (water treatmeant stuff, sanitation stuff, camping gear, batteries and crank radios, lanterns, stove, jet boil system... it's been a lot, but well worth every penny! Justin is now my full time stay at home hubby (not of his own doing, but I'll take what I can get... he lost his job 3 weeks ago) and we are getting along just fine. We are so blessed, and for that I am grateful! Ok- so I am home now, I had a baby shower at my house today and a full day of catch up (I've been gone for 8 days) and going to bed. If I haven't posted in a while- this is why... life. ( and I started another blog for my business, it is dorky, but these things are time consuming www.teamofeight.blogspot.com ... and facebook (caryn)...I admire all of you for making this a priority... for me, it's a quarterly deal. Hope you don't give up on me! Thanks

2 comments:

Caryn said...

I love that you are facebooking! And that you are finally updating your blog! So sorry we couldn't get together this weekend, next time for sure!

Thanks for the shout out!

The Nance Family said...

I always check in on you, glad to hear things are going good.